I am so grateful for the friends and family that have been with me and supporting me throughout this whole process...which started about in March/April. My prayer warriors. When many times I was doubtful, they were not, and to know that they believed in me even when I didn't means the world--and that was just stateside. Wait until I'm overseas!
Ok, so. Rewind back to April and with a little encouragement from a fellow Journeyman, I officially started the application process for the Journeyman (Jman) program. This is a two year commitment where I'll serve through the International Mission Board. It was a long process, but in November (on 11.12.13) I found out I was accepted for appointment to Buenos Aires. Now in these 7 months between, there was a lot going on, but let me tell you that back in April or May God laid Buenos Aires on my heart. I'm not even kidding, y'all, it's all I could think and pray for when I woke and went to bed. And when I went to the Jman conference in October there were very few Latin American opportunities I qualified for.....but low and behold, Buenos Aires was there. Totally divine, I think anyway. I'll be apart of the Mission Buenos Aires megacity team as a guide for partner churches. I don't want to explain myself here because there's a good chance it could change later, but in later posts I'm sure you'll hear all about it :)
So far, I've had such a great response from people when I tell them I'm leaving, but a lot of people ask... won't I miss my family, like my adorable new niece Reagan??? And the answer is of course, yes!! But, it's only for 2 years. Reagy won't remember me gone anyway ;) My parents are already planning to come visit even! And let me tell you, my co-workers at Abengoa have been so kind. I hated resigning. Worst feeling in the world because I love the people there, and that place has been a great home to me for the last 2 1/2 years. I've gotten nothing but well wishes, and people there are giving me advice and telling me of friends they have in Buenos Aires to hook me up with when I need a friendly face. Talk about making it hard to leave!
And of course people ask me the why. I think being 24 and single without anything to tie me down is the best time in my life for this. I don't want to look back and regret not having gone. One of the reasons I knew it was finally my time to GO as the great commission tells us is because I found myself being jealous of all my friends doing international missions in their lives. Lauren spends a year in Greece. Jealous. Alyssa in Africa. Jealous. I had no reason for not going myself and that's when I decided to get upon the waters and try this thing out for myself, and while I'm not in Argentina yet, I can say for myself, I'm loving it.
![]() |
| If you want one of these cards, please let me know and I'll send you one! |

No comments:
Post a Comment