Saturday, March 1, 2014

What's in a Name?

Lost are saved, find their way
 at the sound of Your great name
All condemned, feel no shame
at the sound of Your great name
Every fear, has no place
 at the sound of Your great name
The enemy, he has to leave
 at the sound of Your great name

I have been here at the learning center for 6 weeks now and I don't think y'all would want to read through all that I have learned. Whoever compared our time here to drinking from a fire hydrant was not kidding. A LOT of important, valuable information coming at you in a short time. I like what my supervisor told me before coming here. Not to be stressed out;  I will learn some stuff here that I'll never use on the field, and there will be things on the field never covered in my time here in Richmond.

I tell you all of this in short to let you know I'm not going to summarize the 7 dimensions of IMB personnel or review the 4 spiritual laws with you. I want to share with you the renewed confidence I have in who I am sent out by. I have heard so many stories since being here, studied a few different worldviews and I am broken for them. For their lost-ness. BUT. I am continually humbled by the name of Jesus who strengthens me to do His work. It is only by His power that we get to see great things happening in the darkest places of the world.  I would not trust to go out with any other name than Jesus. 6 weeks after training and that's all I can tell you, as simple as it is. Everything we do must point back to the gospel, else we're just talking about ourselves.  And as imperfect as I am, that would be a huge mistake. 

Revelation 7:9 says, "After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands." I'm so thankful that we serve a God who knows eternity and who will get all the glory. Every nation, tribe, people and language will be present and I hold on to that promise when times look so dark in Ukraine, Venezuela and other parts of the world.  His kingdom is big and I can't wait to be used for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment