Saturday, April 12, 2014

Shabbat Shalom & Scattergories.


Last night was my first real Friday night in Buenos Aires, as in going out with jóvenes. Last Friday night was a chill night in, playing Sorry with my supervisor and his two kids. Don't get me wrong, I loved that too. The youngest boy reminds me of my Chandler and I was worn out by the end of that night. However, last night was different. After a busy morning and day, Crystal and I had some time to come home and rest before meeting up with Stacey at 7 for a service at a Messianic Jewish Center. This was a really neat experience for me and I hope to attend many more of these in my 2 years to learn more about their traditions and customs!

After this, we were heading to someone's apartment building for a goodbye party for Stacey. This was at 9, mind you, and my bedtime tends to be 10:30/11ish. So, we arrived, among the first ones there of course, and played Bananagrams. It's a spelling game, and when you play in Spanish, it only gets harder. How many words in Spanish do you know with an 'X' or 'W'? We played for a while, then ate food, then played Scattergories...and my, was that something interesting. It is really good for practicing language. However, when it's now 2 hours past my bed time, I'd be doing good to play in English, but Spanish?? I was a hot mess. We rolled out at 1 am, and had two new friends walk us to a busy street where we took a taxi to another busy street and then finally got a bus to take us home. All the while people were out at dinner and the buses were all packed! How they do this, I do not know.  We had a really good time though, I'll just need to make sure I take a really good nap next time I plan to be out and up until 2 am. My introverted, grandma self just can't take this all at once :)

http://for91days.com/photos/Buenos%20Aires/Night%20Bus/Taxi-Buenos-Aires.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment